European Retail Academy announces thatat the Singapore Awards Ceremony of Asia-Pacific Retailers in November the top three retailers within 14 key markets had been honored. The international Jury considered several criteria (such as: marketing strategies, operational success, human resources and IT-investments), including environmental issues. Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier, President of European Retail Academy, was a Member of the Judging Panel of Asia-Pacific Retailers Awards.
Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier, an Honorary Member of the Romanian Distribution Committee, and distinguished Member of the Editorial Board of “Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine”, visited Romania for the first time in May 1998, on the occasion of the International Congress of AIDA. As we have said on other occasions, at the heart of our basic human experience there is our brain’s ability to preserve or alter our memories, which are transformed each time we revisit them. Within this context, allow us recalling some challenging memories:
– The Volume “Sammler, Stifte und Maezene des Handels” (Bernd Hallier);
– The Volume “Praxisorientierte Handelsforschung” (Bernd Hallier); the Volume “Kultur und Geschichte des Handels” (Hans-Jorg Bauer und Bernd Hallier);
– A Letter from Dr. Bernd Hallier to Theodor Purcarea, immediately after the International Congress of AIDA in Bucharest, inMay 1998;
– A Letter from distinguished Bundesminister Carl-Dieter Spranger to Theodor Purcarea, exactly four years before, in May 1994;
– “Mesagerul economic” Journal of the Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Bucharest Municipality (CCIRB), No. 27-28 (401-402), July 1998;
– “Mesagerul economic” Journal of the Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Bucharest Municipality (CCIRB), No.29-30 (611-612), July 2002 (considering the significant contribution of the leaders of CCIRB, George Cojocaru and Aurel Vainer, to the success of the International Congress of AIDA in Bucharest).